Northcity4 has recently become a part of the Australian Business Arts Foundation Cultural Fund (AbaF). AbaF has a unique tax status and through this, NC4 can take advantage of their deductible gift recipient status (DGR) and offer that status to our donors.
What Does This Mean?
This means that now, donors can make a tax-deductible gift to Northcity4′s cultural and education program for 2013.
How Does It Work?
Individuals make a donation to AbaF and express a preference for that donation to be forwarded to Northcity4. The AbaF board takes those preferences into consideration when making its grants and will pass that donation onto us.
Making A Donation
AbaF only accepts cash gifts. Donations can be made by cheque, money order or credit card.
For a tax deduction to be claimable, donations to AbaF must be unconditional, voluntary and accompanied by a completed donation form.
- Donors may indicate a preference for their donations to be granted to a specific project
- Donors must not receive any tangible benefit
- Donors cannot be related to those involved in the project
- Donors must acknowledge that they cannot direct AbaF to grant their donation to a specific project
- Donors must understand that claims for a tax deduction are subject to acceptance by the Commissioner of Taxation
- Donors will receive a receipt from AbaF for donations of $2 or more to substantiate claims for tax deductibility
What We Will Do With The Donation
Northcity4 is about to launch an extensive education and seminar program during 2012-13. We aim to work closely with local and international jewellers, artists and educators to expand the exploration of skills and techniques (both traditional and contemporary) and to encourage the dissemination of that knowledge through mentorships, seminars, access studios and workshops.
We are committed to promoting and supporting the integration of sustainability into all aspects of our teaching, workshops and tenancy spaces.
It’s the exciting next stage in the development of the Northcity4 Workshop, School and Educational Space. If you would like to know more, call us or … visit our profile on the AbaF website